really bad puns

(These start out bad and get worse.)

TEN PAINFUL PUNS

1. Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, Gentlemen. Only one carrion allowed per passenger."

2. Two boll weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.

3. There were two Eskimos sitting in a kayak. They were cold so they lit a fire, and the craft sank. It only proved, once again, that you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.

4. A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces, "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."

5. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocaine during a root canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

6. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

7. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family in Spain and they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

8. These friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good brothers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.

9. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him... what? Answer: A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

10. And finally, there was the person who sent ten different puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.

Comments

• 25 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • These are great! You made my morning!

Amanda
  • It is a little know fact, but just before the battle of Long Island, George Washington's wooden teeth broke. Gw found it very difficult to give orders. Unfortunately, his dentist was in Trenton. GW called for his messenger, gave him the false teeth and told him to take the quickest route to the dentist. So the messanger took the George Washington Bridge to New Jersey.
  • HS, how am I supposed to get any work done when I check out the forum and I see you have posted another punny thread. These were great. I have to go back to the dentist next to get 2 cavities filled. Maybe I should try to transcend the dental medication, too. Depends on how big they are.
  • Psst : The only way to truly avoid cavities is to get dentures !

Chari
  • Well I sure am glad you enjoyed these and Ray, I post these soley to make you laugh! x:D
  • Here HS, I found one for you and it is especially apropos to some of the recent discussions we have had.

"My accountant always writes religious phrases down the left side of the page. That's his prophet margin."

I apologize if anyone is offended by a reference to religion. :-S

• They say all sheep are alike - actually, they have mutton in common.

What happened to the soldier who hid inside a cannon to avoid guard duty? He was ultimately discharged.

Adam and Eve lived appley ever after.
  • Didn't know if I should post this here or under the blonde topic, but here goes:

A blonde heard that milk baths make you beautiful. So she left a note for
    her milkman to leave 15 gallons of milk. When the milkman read the note, he felt there must be a mistake. He thought she probably meant 1.5 gallons, so he knocked on the door to clarify the point.

The blonde came to the door and the milkman said: "I found your note to
    leave 15 gallons of milk. Did you mean 15 gallons or 1.5 gallons?"

The blonde said, "I want 15 gallons. I'm going to fill my bathtub with
    milk and take a milk bath."

The milkman asked, "Pasteurized?"

The blonde said, "No just up to my chin."
  • A frog goes into a bank to get a mortgage. He speaks to the loan officer, a woman named Patty Black. She asks him for collateral and he hands her a small glass kitten. Miss Black is not sure what to do with it so she checks with her bank amanger and says "This frog wants a loan and he gave me this for collateral. What is it? " The manager replies "Its a knick knack, Patty Black, give the frog a loan"

• I'd forgotten that one! Thanks for the chuckle.
  • I just stumbled upon this thread -- hilarious. I love the super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis. :DD

Here's an old one:

A group of Americans were taking a vacation in Russia, and their tour guide was an old communist named Rudolph. One morning, he told everyone to bring their umbrellas. An American man loudly told Rudolph no, the weather would be beautiful all day. As the two men argued about the weather, the American man's wife quietly slipped away and returned with her umbrella. The American man was furious and asked her why she believed Rudolph instead of him.

She just smiled and said, "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear."

OK, one more: Why do melons always have formal weddings? Because they can't elope.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • Those are two great additions James! Or should I say 'really bad'?
  • I had to resurface this one in honor of Ray's Lexophile post. This goes in tandem.
  • Where's the groan icon? just kidding, these are great.
  • Whatever happened to Ruby Tuesday?
  • Isn't it amazin' that sometimes you pull out these old threads, and suddenly your thinking, "Whatever happened to..." Im out of here...off to the mountains! Everyone have a great weekend.
  • OK, one more.

Three strings walk into a bar. The bartender said "I'm afraid you'll have to leave. We don't serve strings here." They bounced out into the parking lot. One of the strings felt indignant and went back in. "Look, I told you we don't serve strings here!" The string went back outside. He became more indignant. So he twisted his body into a loop and pulled himself tight. He took a hair pick and frazzled the top of himself and went back into the bar.

"Look! Didn't I tell you two other times that we don't serve strings here?!" said the bartender.

The string replied: "Well, I'm a frayed knot!"

T.G.I.F.

• x:7 I never get tired of that one.

Here's another...

Steven Spielberg was discussing his new project--an action docudrama about famous composers starring top movie stars. Sylvester Stallone, Steven Seagal, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger being courted for the top roles.

Spielberg really hoped to have the box office "oomph" of these superstars, so he was prepared to allow them to select the composers they would portray, as long as they were among the most famous.

"Well," started Stallone, "I've always admired Mozart. I would love to play him."

"Chopin has always been my favorite, and my image would improve if people saw me playing the piano," said Willis. "I'll play him."

"I've always been partial to Strauss and his waltzes," said Seagal. "I'd like to play him."

Spielberg was very pleased with these choices. "Sounds splendid." Then, looking at Schwarzenegger, he asked, "Who do you want to be, Arnold?"

Arnold replied, "I'll be Bach."
  • 8-|

(These start out bad and get worse.) Truer words were never said.

Cyndy
  • Well Cyndy, you can't say I didn't warn you at least.
  • Had to resurrect for this one:

A man is dining in a fancy restaurant and there is a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table. He has been checking her out since he sat down, but lacks the nerve to start a conversation.

Suddenly she sneezes, and her glass eye comes flying out of its socket towards the man.

He reflexively reaches out, grabs it out of the air, and hands it back.

"Oh my, I am so sorry," the woman says as she pops her eye back in place.

"Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you," she says.

They enjoy a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards they go to the theater followed by drinks. They talk, they laugh, she shares her deepest dreams and he shares his. She listens.

After paying for everything, she asks him if he would like to come to her place for a nightcap ......... and stay for breakfast.

They have a wonderful, wonderful time.

The next morning, she cooks a gourmet meal with all the trimmings.

The guy is amazed!! Everything has been SO incredible!!!!

"You know," he said, "you are the perfect woman. Are you this nice to every guy you meet?"

"No," she replies........."

Wait for it... (scroll down)

She says:

"You just happened to catch my eye."

• Groan, chuckle, groan, chuckle, groan, chuckle - I am getting woozy.
  • Oh Les, how could you do this to us???