...Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;

...Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;

...Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;

...Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;

...Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Powerful message of Mother Teresa inscribed on the wall of her Children's home in Calcutta.

--I saw a quote last night in my e-mail that statistics say some 84% of Americans believe in God. If you don't believe, NOB, this is a direct quote from the Saintly Mother Teresa and I wanted to share it with my forum friends. It truly is an inspiring message, whatever your beliefs are. It is something that can apply to anyone, just insert the deity you believe in, in place of the word God.--

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • HS, Does this mean next time I write an "unreasonable" post you will forgive me anyway?

Actually, I was thinking that we have had some "interesting" discussions on the forum lately, but we have tried to be reasonable with each other being as logical as a group of HR people can be with very little self centeredness. The best part is when we do cross a line, we have been able to patch things up and move on and even joke about our differences. How many times do we start off by saying "I sometimes/often disagree with 'insert name'..." then go on to post something humorous and light and we all laugh. It would be even better if we could omit the disclaimer "insert deity of choice".

• <It would be even better if we could omit the disclaimer "insert deity of choice". <

Ray, I couldn't agree more. I for one believe in God and am not afraid to say His name, or tell people about my beliefs. I do not force people to believe what I do, as a matter of fact, I love to learn more about their beliefs. It is a sad day indeed when we have to be careful to not offend, that is why I put the disclaimer (for lack of a better term) on this posting.

And yes Ray, I will forgive you anyway for being unreasonable...don't remember you ever being unreasonable though. x:D
  • Oh, that's right, you didn't get involved with roasting me when I called my wife the little woman.
  • Mother Teresa was/is a religious figure I truly respect. She lived by her word and tried to help anyone who asked. I have never heard her speak a bad word about anyone. As a matter of fact she didn't speak much at all, but her actions spoke volumes. Although I don't know much about sainthood, I believe she deserves the respect and title of Saint. Just my thoughts.
  • I agree.

Once in an interview she said, "The other day I dreamed that I was at the gates of heaven....And St. Peter said, 'Go back to Earth, there are no slums up here."

She was a true gift to those in need. Here is a link to one of many sites dedicated to her.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9709/mother.teresa/[/url]