Parrotheads?

Just wondering if there are any HR/Parrotheads out there that will be attending either the Labor Day show at Mansfield, MA or the 9/27 Irvine, CA Show? If you are in Manfield I'd love to meet you - I will be under the 20' Hurricane Flags -you can't miss them; security has used us a as reference point. I'll also be in Irvine (gift for making AVP). Can anyone tell me about tailgating at Irvine (Verizon Ampitheater - do they have a parking lot or parking garage?)

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Weeeellll Deidre......I am the blonde stranger, my drink of choice is a Margarita...I've been searchin for my lost shaker of salt, I've had a cheeseburger in paradise (like it just the way the song says), my desk is southeast of disorder, and I've seen fruitcakes walkin naked in the crosswalk and lastly...I need some changes in attitude as well as lattitude.

Thanks for makin me feel just about as awful as they come x:'( . I unfortunately have not been blessed with a phlocking (flocking for you non Parrotheads). I couldn't get tickets to Camden, Pittsburgh or Maryland. Almost got in a fight at the ticketmaster last year (they had to call security x:=| ) so I was banned by my husband to go stand in line anymore . I manned the computer, cell phone and home phone all to no avail. Good thing HR has taught me to multi task!

Have fun and tell me all about it!

FINS UP!
  • Just as a suggestion - is there a parrothead club in your area? You can find out from Margaritaville.com. Parrothead clubs allow you to earn the right to buy tickets through charitable work. You still pay the same price, but each club earns an alotment (sp) of tickets. My area club is big into the Relay for Life and Alzheimer Walk as well as volunteering for area environmental groups (like cleaning oil off Buzzard's Bay Beaches after the last oil spill). Fins Up!
  • Buzzards Bay!!!! My family used to go there every year when I was little. I used to love goin' there for orange ice cream w/ chocolate jimmies and fresh salt water taffy!

I wish I was going to see Buffet...have a margarita for me!
  • Drink up, ladies! It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
  • I am a parrothead from before there were parrotheads (been listening to Buffett since 1973). I was very disappointed that we didn't get a show around where I live this year that I have been able to find.x:'( Went last year and the year before, and the year before and so on and so on. Our favorite thing use to be to go see Buffett in Charlotte, NC. He played at an outdoor stadium. Before the concert we would go to a bar called Fat Tuesdays and dring lots of frozen drinks. This bar had two walls of frozen drink dispensers from Bahama Mama's to Margaritas. Then we would walk to the stadium, take our coolers and continue the party. Those were the days.8-}
  • Hey Nat, this will make you feel younger. My sister and brother in law were stationed in Key West while he went to a 6 or 12 week school for the Navy. Am not sure of the exact year, but think it was 69 or 70. .Know it was earlier than 73. Anyway, JB and the CRB used to come in and jam at a bar where they hung out. No big fame at that point. They loved him and though she is now 57, she would run away with Jimmy in a heart beat. She feels they have grown old together. They would always get me his albumns for gifts. . The book he wrote when he turned 50 is a pretty good read..Pirate turns 50 or something. He is great and I mean NO OFFENSE but the Parrot head thing seems to have commercialized (sp) him more than I like. But anyway. .enjoy. .I AM jealous. .
  • Have the book, "A Pirate Looks at Fifty", good book. When we are out at our pool we listen to Buffett all day long. And, being the good parrothead mother that I am, I am teaching my 5 year old to appreciate Jimmy.x;-) His favorite song is Volcano. Have met a few, and I mean a very few, people in my life that don't appreciate his music, needless to say, they don't get invited to my Margarita parties.

Jimmy's songs are timeless. His concert is the only one that I've gone to, (except for maybe the Stones), where the music appeals to all ages.

Love the new song with Alan Jackson. I have adopted it as my theme song at work.

When he does make his way to NC, my husband and I will be parked in the parking lot with all the other parrotheads doing what parrotheads do best. We'll have the blender going and the music loud. Wish it was soon!!!!!!!
  • I'm jealous! The weather is here wish you were beautiful! I'm a Florida parrothead and Jimmy usually visits the Tampa Bay area in February of each year. Enjoy the show and have a great time tailgating!!
  • WOW!!!

Who knew that there were so many HR parrotheads out there! I guess Jimmy takes us away from reality.

Maybe we should start our own Parrothead club!