Venting again!

I received two phone calls today from collection agencies stating that I had order two publication and did not pay the bill. After a little investigation and a couple of phone calls to our accounts payable department, I discovered that both of these publications had set up multiple accounts and were attempting to collect for all of them. Once I made this discovery and confronted the publication companies (none of which were the legal report, not sure if I can mention who they are) they both said it was their mistake and we wouldn't hear from the collection agency again. They can be assured I'll never renew or order a publication from them again.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Scott; if you would not shoo away your new employees who want to attach themselves to you (clingers on, you called them), you could use them to vent and wouldn't have to post your frustrations. What goes around...........
  • Hope, you're feeling better now, Scott.

I got caught up in a "scam" about 3 years ago. Involved literature with a CD. Tried to cancel, and they kept sending me updates and I refused to pay the bills. Then, telemarketers from the same company would call trying to sell me other services. It got kind of ugly a couple of times. Screaming and calling each other liars and all that. I know, it's hard to believe, as quiet and unassuming as I am that I would lose my temper, but I did.
  • Don D,

Aren't you being a little ruff with Scott? You can't vent to employees. We only have us.

Ray a,

I once said "this is making me mad." Everyone wanted to stay around to see what I am like when I'm mad. Only my husband knows.

"Sam"
  • It's okay Sam, I can handle Don's harassment, it's his way of venting.......hehehe.
  • If you want to stop these people dead in their tracks and have a bit of fun doing it, stop them in mid sentence and say, "Excuse me, I'm making notes here; what color are your underwear?" The possibilities are they will hang up, they will be exhasperated, they will be speechless, they will tell you they are sorry they called.
  • There was an item on the news this morning. A comedian, whose name I forget, attended the telemarketers convention and stayed at the same hotel. In the middle of the night, he called the telemarketers. Asked them how they were etc. Told them he was from the Association of Telemarketers with Insomnia. He has just released a record of these calls. Whoever he is, he is my latest hero.
  • Oh, I have heard him. He messes with them when they call his house too. I can't remember his name though. If I do, I will let you know.