Law-abiding citizens?

I was sent this joke and thought it might make for an interesting topic. Most of us have been pulled over for one reason or another: speeding, failure to yield, etc. Does anyone have any humorous or unusual stories to share?

There was a senior citizen who bought a brand new Mercedes convertible SLK. He took off down the road, flooring it up to 80 mph and enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left on his head. "This is great,"he thought and floored it some more.

Then he looked in his rearview mirror. There was a highway patrol Trooper behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring." I can get away from him with no problem" thought the man as he floored it some more and flew down the road at over 100 mph. Then he thought,"What am I doing? I'm too old for this kind of thing" and pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the state trooper to catch up with him.

The trooper pulled behind the Mercedes and walked up to the man. "Sir," he said, looking at his watch. "My shift ends in 30 minutes and today is Friday the 13th. If you can give me one good reason why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The man looked back at the trooper and said, "Years ago my wife ran off with a state trooper, and I thought you were bringing her back."

The state trooper replied, "Have a nice day."

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I gotta remember this one! Thanks for the chuckle this early in the morning! x:-)
  • Last time I was pulled over was about 15 years ago. I had a nice tricked out 79 Chevy Malibu. I was pulled over doing 74 in a 55 zone a week after NY toughened the law for speeding. I wasn't far from Oswego, NY where there was the big stock car race of the season that weekend. The trooper asked me the typical questions like where was I from, what kind of a job I had, where I was going, what was my hurry. He asked if I was going to the race that weekend. Not knowing if he was a race fan or not, I took the safe way and said "No". I was going to pick up my wife and kids at her mother's house and wasn't sure if we'd be going or not.

He came back to my car a couple of minutes later and gave me a choice.... he would give me a ticket either for speeding or for obstruction of vision. I had clothes hanging on the hook in back. And he said it was possible my speedometer was inaccurate with the chrome wheels and fat tires - I actually thought I was doing 72, not 74. The speeding ticket would have given me 11 points and a big fine. The obstruction ticket was a $15 fine and no points. I quickly accepted the obstruction ticket and thanked him.
  • I threw up on a Pennsylvania State Trooper once. I was on my way home from having a tumor removed from my arm and before they had finished stitching it, I could feel everything! Being the big wussy that I am, I became very very ill. I left the doctors office and started racing home (about 20 miles). I didn't make it 5 miles before I got pulled over. The cop came up to my car and asked the usual...where was I going, etc. The last question I remember him asking was do you know how fast you were going, to which I replied no but I'm sure you are going to tell me. I remember his mouth moving but I couldn't hear what he was saying...I laid my head on the door of my car and proceeded to empty the contents of my stomach (grilled cheese and tomato soup is what I had for lunch) on his shiny black shoes. He looked at his shoes, looked at me and my green face and said...Please just go home carefully! I wonder if he had to take his shoes to the carwash???
  • In a similar vein to these posts, in high school I belonged to the city's police cadet program and used to patrol with the street cops. One summer night near the end of the month (when moving violation quotas are due) the officer I was riding with pulled over a kid (I'd guess about 10 years old) on a bicycle and started chatting with him. The officer asked him, "Wouldn't you like a cool light for your bicycle?" and the kid, really excited, said "Yeah!" So the cop wrote out a ticket for riding a bicycle at night with no headlight and handed it to the kid and told him, "You take this note home to your mom and dad and I just know they'll get you a neat light for your bike."

That was the last ticket he needed to make quota for the month. x:-)
  • Have no idea what this has to do with anything but the only ticket my father has ever gotten in his life was for jaywalking in Los Angeles.