Wher would I be right now...

2»

Comments

• Gee, thanks, Ray. You make me feel soooooooo much better knowing that you're enjoying yourself while SOME of us are out here working hard to keep our companies safe for democracy, white bread and the American way! Is there an emoticon for sarcasm? x;-)
  • Parabeagle, your hard work is sooo much appreciated.

Kind of ironic, your post numbering *666* is an evil post.x}>
  • I want to be in my back yard, in my plastic play pool with my kids, eating popsicles and playing "surf's up!" (splashing water with our legs)

Cheap 'n easy - the best things in life usually are!
  • >I want to be in my back yard, in my plastic play pool with my kids,
    >eating popsicles and playing "surf's up!" (splashing water with our
    >legs)
    >
    >Cheap 'n easy - the best things in life usually are!

I love HRQs post! I also hope all of Ray's neighbors were not at home while he was bombing the neighborhood with trombone 'tunes'(?).

Actually Mary Chapin Carpenter, whom I detest, sang a song about sitting between Dwight Yokam and Lyle Lovett and one of them had "His hand upon my thigh". And later in the song she laments having to choose and then decides to have them both, saying, "Hot Dawg, I feel lucky tonight!"

It's Monday and I wanta be back on my deck like yesterday, barefooted sipping cold beer with my wife and eating oysters with coctail sauce, on saltines. Three day weekends are one day too short.
  • Don, I close the door and windows, but still can be heard outside, just not as loud. At least not as bad as the rap/crap from next door.

Three day weekends are too short, that is why I took off on Thursday, too. Really hated coming in this morning. I had to tell our receptionist she is being transferred - she hated her job and it was obvious to everybody, but we put her back in manufacturing which she probably hates worse. Oh well. Oh, and you know what? It just hit me... while I was talking to her I was behind my desk with my elbows propped on the desk - just as you described me. Spooky.
  • While all of you wished to be soemwhere else - I actually was on Cape Cod with my husband and kids and grandchild................... she loves mini golf at age 5. We swam and ate, swam and ate, and....you get the picture.
  • Well, it's past the holiday, so maybe it doesn't count, but.....

I have a pool in the backyard and never sit by it, it's too boring. I'd rather be out on the trails on my big black Morgan gelding, letting him run until he wants to stop or challenging the "boys", my nephews, on their 4 wheelers.

They always said they could go any where on their machines that I could go on my horse. Never missing the opportunity to embarrass the young'uns, I stepped to the plate. We started side by side, I cut through the brush (up high enough to miss being slapped in the face, but they weren't) and headed for the lake. When the water reached the horse's chest, I stopped and waited for the boys. They were sitting on the bank, just looking. I jeered a little, asked them to come on in, then laughed and went for my ride. I love that horse.

Annie