Songs I hate!!!

Comments

• I hate all of the pop and R&B songs where a woman keeps moaning and groaning like she's constipated real bad. Get that lady some fiber! x:o

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • Those are orgasms James. Fiber, Indeed! They're begging for roughage alright, just a different kind.
  • All right everyone! We all know the best singer/songwriter to hit Earth is none other then Wierd Al. hehehe
  • "Age of Aquarius", without question. Talk about an overplayed '60's anthem. Doesn't do the rest of the era justice.
  • To me, country-western music is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I am the only one in the office with this "problem". I have no idea what the title is or who the artist performing the song is, but there is a country song with the phrase "sippy cup of milk". It makes me insane. I can block out just about anything country-western, except that d#%&ned phrase.

AND it's catchy. Repeats in my mind over and over and over and over and over.

AND my music preference is jazz - Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, etc. Unfortunately, my office friends are as repulsed by jazz as I am by country western. Being the warm-fuzzy-team player that I am, we listen to what the group enjoys. ;;)
  • Oh yes, "sippy cup of milk" is in a song about family and loving your children. The singer is referring to one of his beautiful daughters and how the view from his home is better when he's looking in, because he's so blessed. Isn't Country music great? It really makes you think about what's important in the world. My ultimate goal is to get to Country Fest this year in Wisconsin, which is four days straight of the best country music singers. Maybe Toby Keith will spot me in the crowd and offer me his hand in marriage. :) As far as jazz, blues, rap, pop, what's the point? There's no story to that music, no happiness. Are you tired of me yet?
  • Nah. The message of the song is wonderful, it's the sound of country music that I can't take. I usually tune out the words to songs - it's the sound of the music that I enjoy. Hence the attraction to jazz, I suppose.

I am a big 80's music fan too, does that count for anything? Also love alternative (not all though), Motown, classical, swing/big band. Yes, I have been accused of having multiple personalities when people view my music collection. x;-)

• HRQ, my office has the perfect solution: No music at all. Our staff runs the gamut from a 50 year old lawyer who was classically trained and sang professionally for years to our "baby", a 20 year old with a propensity toward Linkin Park, and just for entertainment, a 38 year old former "Okie" who loves John Denver.

Something about our building renders the offices incapable of receiving any radio reception except from the local fine arts camp, so all computers had speakers and we had a cacophony of sound. I removed all the speakers and they are not being returned. Try listening to John Denver singing "Glad I'm a Country Boy" backed up by Linkin Park and the Philharmonic performing Beethoven's Fifth Symphony!!

Annie

• I guess I would prefer country to nothing at all. (Most of the time, anyway, until that Sippy Cup song comes on.)

I used to share an office with the Controller. Just the two of us. He was a fan of nightclub-style dance music and would sing along as he worked. The music isn't bad except when I'm working - the singing is particularly distracting. He also HATED jazz. So.... we compromised and kept our radios on separate stations playing quietly, and we promised not to sing.
  • You know, I don't think there's anything I hate as much as any country music song sung by the co-worker next to me, who...hmmmm...how do I say this without letting loose a rampage of sore-ear fury...shouldn't be singing out loud when there are other people, animals, or plants nearby. Particularly when the song is prefaced by, "Oh! This is my wedding song!"
  • Never did like that Michael Jackson, his songs or him.
  • Crikey! I just had to break up a fight over the radio up here in the office. It is amazing to see three adults screaming over whether a radio stays on or off.
  • I know. We're fighting that battle here all the time between the "lite rock" and "classic rock" factions. So far, lite rock is winning. Also get a lot of whining over the TV in my office.
  • Has anyone ever heard of the divinals(?)? They had a song in the early ninety's called I Touch Myself. I hated that song (until I figured out what it meant x:o ).
  • >Has anyone ever heard of the divinals(?)? They had a song in the early
    >ninety's called I Touch Myself. I hated that song (until I figured out
    >what it meant x:o ).

So, you hated it until you knew what it meant? :-? So what are you trying to tell us? What did you use to think it meant? Now that you've peaked our curiousity...

• I wondered the same thing but was afraid to ask. Not sure I wanted to know the answer.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-12-03 AT 02:33PM (CST)[/font][p] Oh, I just couldn't stand the chick's voice but once I actually listened to the words I thought it was kinda cool. Hey, it's a song for both sexes and don't tell me it isn't true. And BTW, I thought she just liked herself alot, took me a while to figure out she liked someone else and that was what she did to umm.......... pass the time.
  • My girlfriends and I love to dance to that song. Drives the guys CRAZY!
  • I must have missed something. This is some song that escaped my attention and it involves.... x;-)

• Are you telling me you've never heard this song before? I think the title can give you some idea about the song.
  • OK .....so now that this post has turned into "Songs That I Love", how about Cold November Rain by Guns 'N Roses ...............
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-13-03 AT 08:32AM (CST)[/font][p]I like the song but it's hard to sit through all twenty minutes of it (LOL). I actually like G n'R version of Live and Let Die. Gee, those were the days!
  • >>>All right everyone! We all know the best singer/songwriter to hit Earth is none other then Wierd Al. hehehe <<<<

For my son's 12th birthday, I'm taking him to see Weird Al at The Pageant in St. Louis. 3rd row, orchestra.

Also, Kung Fu Fighting still rocks! I've got a "dance remix" of it, done in the last year or two, I think by Fatboy Slim. It is a party favorite for my teenage daughter!

I'm not only hip, but...

I'M... TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT... TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT... TOO SEXY...

;)
  • I'm to fat for my dancing shirt.
    Have a great Friday the 13th.
  • Oops, I did it again...

x}> Sorry - was just being a brat.... I really, really hate that song..
  • I must be losing it - losing my patience, I've already lost most of my stomach lining working here, and I think I'm getting old before my time - but the more I listen to the radio, the more irritated I get! I hate Oops I Did It Again, too - but lately I find myself radio channel surfing just to avoid repetitious stations and stupid music. Nora Jones came out with another gut twisting song, something like Come Away With Me, and I just wish to heaven that I could find a station that played nothing but AC/DC, Aerosmith, Kiss and heavy metal!
  • I love all music. It's the styles, the instrumentation, the lyrics and the melodies that really get in the way. The very best of music is that which appears inside your head unnanounced, known only to you, that you can twist your fingers around and smile while dancing perfectly still with yourself until you decide to turn the volume down and you never even mention it to anybody. I have an imaginary stereo and set of headphones on my motorcycle. Everything is always in color for me. x:-)
  • The only problem I have with the music in my head is that I usually end up with some children's song that my two year old nephew was listening to the night before. It was "The Muffin Man" last night. It just keeps running through my head...