Tornados

Watched the news last night and it's absolutely incredible. Is everyone alright?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Here in Southwest MO - our tornados hit on Sunday. We have about 4 area towns that are pretty much flattened. FEMA said that one town, Pierce City, will have the whole downtown torn down and soon because it's unsafe.

The good side to it all - we have all banded together to help dig through rubble, share clothing, give donations, cry with the families who lost people, pets and items, and let newly homeless people stay in our houses.

• "I know God only gives us what we can handle, but I wish he didn't trust me so much." Sister Therese

I am here in KC, MO. I also happen to volunteer with the Red Cross. The devastation has been incredible, but I agree, everyone pulling together has been amazing. I haven't seen this many physical donations in a long time. We had another round last night, though not quite as bad thank GOD!
  • My house is about 6 to 9 blocks from some of the worst housing damage. It's been a week and still the area is being blocked off. The devastation that you can see, however, is amazing! We have a friend whose house was flattened - just the foundation/basement remains. I can hardly drive past without feeling like crying. All those lives changed in mere seconds. Thank God, it occurred in the daytime, loss of life could have been much worse.

I've lived in the Kansas City area all my life. I absolutely hate tornado season. At least with a hurricane, you get a few days notice, a few minutes with a tornado, but then, an earthquake would be the worst - no notice at all.
  • When I moved back to Florida from the mid-west, someone asked why I would want to go where there are hurricanes? I replied I would take any hurricane over a Tornado..at least you get warning. I lived thru an ugly one in Ohio 30 years ago and have been fearful ever since. My heart goes out to all of you. Hope the worst is over for you.
  • So far - so good here in central Missouri. We have had only minor damages due to strong winds, water damage and lightening strikes. If you watch the weather channel, you already know that more sever thunderstorms are predicated for Saturday and Sunday in the same areas. "Amen" to praying that the worst is already behing us. We hope and pray that everyone stays safe through this rough storm season.
    Dutch2
  • Here in Emporia, KS we have had lots of activity around us, but nothing actually in town yet. At least not yet this year.
  • We were definitely lucky in KC - most everything went around us. Our neighbors to the southwest and north weren't as lucky though. We did a quick check with all of our employees on the Monday & Friday following the storms & are pleased to report that we had no injuries & only a few with damage or loss of homes.

Very active spring storm season..........I'm ready for it to be gone!

Thanks for checking!