Top heavy

Wasn't sure if this is the right place to post, but what in the world have you done in a situation where there is way to many chiefs and very little indians.

I personnaly have 12 bosses and the entire company has only 52 people. The 52 includes seasonal and temp staff who work 4 months out of the year.

Not only do I deal with multiple personalities, decisions and attitudes, all the chiefs make their own rules and break rules of other chiefs.

Any good suggestions, besides find another job? (I've been looking and our market stinks!)

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added

• With the exception perhaps of having 12 bosses, your work situation is really not unlike that of every Human Resources position. Dealing with multiple personalities, decisions and attitudes, multiple chiefs and an assortment of Indians (nothing disrespectful implied) makes our world go-round in H.R. Finding another job won't offer you a solution. If your discomfort is based on a feeling that you're getting 'mixed signals' as instructions for what you should do in your job, then you should deal head on with that. Speak with several of your immediate supervisors and ask if they can narrow your chain of command or at least ask them whose direction you should follow when you get conflicting commands. Or, if you determine that you're simply not flexible enough to meet that organization's structure, perhaps a more tightly defined structure is out there somewhere for you.