Happy V Day

I just want to wish all of my friends on the forum a Valentine's Day! I hope everyone has a good one as well as a great weekend!

(On a personal note, I asked by boyfriend to get me a Swiffer Wet Jet Mop, isn't that romatic?!)

Comments

• 20 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not as romantic as my friend who gave his wife a Hoover...except then I spoke to her and she was thrilled. Ya never know.
  • So far today from my husband I received the following: "I was going to get in the shower with you, but I was just too tired". Then I had to move his pick-up truck so I could leave for work. That's the extent of what I will see. Hope the rest of you have a great day! :)
  • Yes, that indeed IS romantic, IF you can teach him to use it! PS: I was just advised that a Muslim and a Jehova's Witness, both employed here, are offended by the observance of St. Valentine's Day. Perhaps we should banish it from the workplace.
  • >Yes, that indeed IS romantic, IF you can teach him to use it!

Are you referring to the shower? The Hoover? Or the Swiffer (whatever that is--what a great name, though! And especially for Valentine's, as it conjures up all kinds of images! x:-8

>PS: I was just advised that a Muslim and a Jehova's [sic] Witness, both
    >employed here, are offended by the observance of St. Valentine's Day. Perhaps
    >we should banish it from the workplace.

You ARE a trouble maker today, aren't you Don! x:7

By the way, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY everyone!
  • Oh Don! You are so deliciously Evil!
  • My valentines day gift is to finally finish up the remodeling in one of my bathrooms at home. I told my husband I am telling everyone he gave me a toilet for Valentine's Day. (Hey...those things cost more than a dozen roses and last longer, too!)
  • Actually, you have accomplished a great deal if you can teach your husband to properly use any of the following: The Hoover, The Swiffer, The Shower or The Toilet. Have patience, we deserve it. PS: Don't wait for him to climb in your shower.....YOU climb in HIS! Or for that matter, his pickup; when was the last time you went parking? Go now!
  • I'd be surprised if anyone else had the day my wife and I had. My daughter got married. We had seen the preview "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" so were all prepared. Actually, she was "partially married" the week before because an Islamic minister was not available on Valentine's Day - so the Valentine's Day affair was a big followup party - My Big Fat Syrian/Algerian Party. It was all quite fun.
  • Now, did you lose a daughter or gain a son?
  • Neither or both, depending on one's point of view. They are living at our house until my daughter graduates from college - sometime this year.
  • What a nice guy you are Gillian. The size of your heart is exceeded only by the size of your house.
  • I took my wife camping. With both of our sons and the entire Boy Scout Troop. Wasn't bad setting up camp Friday evening, but it rained all night and was below freezing most all day Saturday. Could have been a lot worse, we could have gone to the in-laws. Actually we all had a very good time as there is nothing we enjoy more than being with our boys and watching them grow.
  • Actually we all
    >had a very good time as there is nothing we enjoy more than being with
    >our boys and watching them grow.

My boy recently turned 22. Although I'm watching him become a man now, there's nothing I would not give to go back in time to those days when I was watching him and his sister 'grow'. I'd even spring for a freezing camping trip.

• Must confess my wife and I were blessed with sons a bit later in life than most. Maybe that has something to do with why we enjoy being with out boys so much. We realize that this will not last many more years and we wish to enjoy them as much as possible. Oldest is 13 1/2 and the youngest is almost 11. It amazes me at the "drop off parents" we have these days. Those that take their kids to an event, "drop them off" not even stopping long enough to to see if all is well and then hopefully they return in time to pick them at the end of the activity. There have been many evenings that we stayed with our sons teammates or friend after the sporting events,etc. waiting with them until their parents arrived to pick them up. If both of or just one of our boys are at an event, so are we. Pardon me for getting on the ol' soap box for a bit. I am glad to hear that others out there also enjoy being with their kids as we do.
    Dutch2

• Dutch2,V-Day weekend must have been the weekend for Missouri Scout trips. My husband and son spent the weekend at an airbase in Wichita, KS. They lucked out and missed the snow/rain - got to sleep indoors.

• There was a Troop from Blue Springs that joined us Friday evening. We were at Ha-Ha-Tonka State Park just a mile or two south of Camdenton, down by the Lake of the Ozarks. They commented that they had some terrible weather to drive through to get to the campsite in Central Missouri. We try very hard to get in one camp out each month. In January we stayed in a large cabin at Camp Hon just West of Eldon. Very nice facilities, heated, full kitchen facilities and restroom facilites with running water, hot and cold, showers and even toilets that flush. They were attached to our cement block cabin, but you did have to go outside to get to them. Your husbands troop might want to check out this site for additional Winter camping options. There is a basement to the cabin where the adults slept. Glad to hear there are others out there involved in Scouting.
    Thanks for your comments,
    Dutch2
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-21-03 AT 09:17AM (CST)[/font][p]My son who is also 22 sent me a dozen of beautiful peach roses - and he's been doing that since he was about 17. I'm a very lucky mom! Both "kids" are starting to stay closer to home now that they're in their early 20's, and we can't be any happier about that ............
  • Dutch2, check your private mail box - had a question about Camp Hon.
  • Talley, check your private mailbox, information for camp Hohn is listed. Just let me know if you need additional or if the email address does not work for you.