TOOT.....TOOT....

2»

Comments

• G: I'm here to help. You misunderstood your Mom. What she is asking is "Tell me the truth, how long has Sinclair been out to lunch?" Seriously, congratulations and admiration to you for that fine stance on taking care of Mom. We could all stand to re-read that. Don D.
  • G
    I just started writing here in the Forum, but have been reading for months. Your honesty made me stop and realize that no matter how much we push others away with the oh-so-convenient technology, a few very well-written words can touch the heart. Thanks for the glimpse of the private you and may all goodness rain down on you, your mom, your wife and your daughter. Thanks.
  • G,

I echo eroj's sentiments. Sometimes we forget the "human" side of Human Resources. Me, I try and never forget myself. Sometimes though, it's a weakness. Too many times you can become too emotionally involved in the lives of your employees and it clouds the judgement. Hence the term, "you're only human"!

Good luck to you and your family...it's great to see someone who has good family values in today's world!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-31-03 AT 03:07PM (CST)[/font][p]It's been a busy week and I haven't had much time to keep up with all the forum posts, but I must say that I'm glad I dropped in on this one today! I was rather weary but feel uplifted after reading the above. Thanks for posting! I feel rather young and in possession of a horn that squeaks rather than toots in comparison to everyone else, but here is my list:

1. I enjoy wrapping myself around a project or idea and understanding it from all angles and perspectives.

2. I love people ... figuring out what makes them tick, wondering what life experiences they've gone through to make them who they are today, wondering what I can learn from them.

3. I get great satisfaction out of organizing things ... reducing the clutter ... but I'm learning to handle the craziness with quietness even when I can't be in control.

4. I love to serve others and typically remember details about people that enable me to later do something special for them.

5. I'm good at listening.

... so now I'll sit back and listen some more.

Christy Reeder
    Website Managing Editor
    [url]www.HRhero.com[/url]
  • Your no. 2 scares me; but, I warn you, the last person who tried to analyze me was Paul and he is missing!!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-31-03 AT 10:42PM (CST)[/font][p]He's traveling to Tennessee so we can drive down to Mississippi and observe the habits of a rare species in human kind. Will the curmudgeon be drinking beer and dancing in his skivvies around his bottle tree or roaring down a back road on his motorcycle doling out fried turkeys to needy families?

Christy Reeder
    Website Managing Editor
    [url]www.HRhero.com[/url]

P.S. My guess, after this post, is that he will be waiting on his front porch with a 12-gauge!
  • >I'm alive.
    >
    >Paul

Don't think anyone really doubted that...glad to see you back!!

Thank-you to all who've responded. Christy hit it on the head about the weary week...I posted this thread originally on a day when I was feeling "out of sorts" and wanted a little pick me up so to speak. It's always good to focus on the positives once and awhile.

x:D