Specification Writer Engineer

I am not sure if anyone will be able to assist me on this, but I thought I would ask anyway. I am in the process of developing a job description for a Specification Writer Engineer. I work for a bridge engineering firm and I do not have anything as far as a job description to go by, and have really no idea where to even start as to writing what duties and responsibilities one would do in this job. Management wanted me to come up with some duties and responsibilities that they can review and add to. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you have an employee who already fulfills most or all of the duties, I would ask them for a list of their duties first.

Your next possible option is to review similar job descriptions. I have placed 2 or 3 side by side and used them as the basis of a new position. Also look at industry publications for information on job duties and expectations.

Finally, you can go to certain websites, like salary.com, and they will have items for you to start with. If websites or publications are all you have to go on, I would advise you to look at as many as possible.

Hopefully someone out there has one already and can send it to you, but if not the above is where I would start.

Good luck!

Nae