Tuition Reimbursement

Do any of you have a tuition reimbursement policy you'd be willing to share? Specifically, I'm looking for one that requires employees to be there for one year or must pay back the money.

Thanks!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • FHRB,

I just e-mailed you ours. Feel free to use what you want of it.

joannie
  • Ours is long and cumbersome, but the language you are looking for?

"employees who leave the employ of the City within two (2) years of reimbursement shall refund the City the amount of such reimbursement. The reimbursement may be deducted from the employee's last paycheck."

We reimburse 100% of the class and 50% of the books. Given current financial issues we are contemplating lowering the per cent. Have also thought about not paying for Masters degrees.
  • FunHRBanker, on this site, you have access to a sample Tuition Reimbursement Policy -- one that management consultant Margaret Morford, president of the HR Edge, Inc., created and has maintained. She includes some notes and comments to raise various related issues that you may want to consider. For example, Margaret mentions: "With the proliferation of online courses and the increasing acceptance of the online method for taking courses, you must consider whether you will approve the taking of courses through online universities or colleges."

To find the policy, log in as a subscriber on the home page and do a search. When you get to the screen that allows you to search Newsletter Articles, Laws and Regulations, and/or Policies, be sure to click on the box that says "Policies." If you unclick the other boxes, the only thing that a search for "Tuition reimbursement" will produce is the sample policy. Call me if you need help. Tony

(615) 661-0249 x 8068
  • I sent you ours also. If you want the form that we use, let me know.
  • Thanks everyone! They were very helpful!