Marketing Assistant Job Description

Good morning all-

I want to first start off by saying how much I love this forum site and all the useful knowledge I learn from all of you. Now I must ask a favor... I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a job description for a Marketing Assistant? If it could be tailored to an engineering firm that would be another big plus. Any information is greatly appreciated. I will be looking on O*Net as well, but comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks again.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added

• This is what we have at our company - we calle it a marketing technician - hope it is useful to to you.

Marketing at _____ is on-team with sales. The marketing person is responsible for performing a variety of marketing tasks. ______ is a dynamically changing firm and this position will call for someone who has both the creative and organizational ability to be in the forefront – someone with experience, proven-performance and who likes a challenge. Person should be organized, detail oriented, have good communication skills, work well on a team and enjoy dealing with all types of people. The position requires someone who can be both entrepreneurial/visionary and perform specific tasks such as: supporting brand campaign, press releases, producing ad copy, rep newsletters, literature, and other sales materials, etc. It also includes maintaining PROJECT DATA SHEETS; follow-up courtesy calls; collecting & managing data (testimonials, service stats, etc.) and mining data from reps, sales, R&D, databases, etc. The ability to work with outside firms and vendors will be necessary. It is essential that this person understands business-to-business sales and can communicate technical/mechanical concepts to target markets. This will include the ability to learn new additions to the product line. To support and produce sales is the ultimate accountability.

Job Specification:

Education:
    1. High School Diploma
    2. College Education: minimum of bachelors in marketing &/or graphic art, or
    3. Training: on the job training for marketing, minimum 5 years
    4. Experience: 5 years marketing experience required

Experience:
    1. Computer Experience & Proficiency: 2-3 years (Proficiency in Microsoft Office) required
    2. Proficiency in Powerpoint, graphics programs, etc. will be necessary

Skills:
    1. Must be an excellent writer with good vocabulary, grammar and the ability to represent technical, mechanical concepts in a clear and concise manner
    2. Must be able to produce press releases, marketing materials, develop/implement branding campaign, and execute a wide range of marketing tasks.
    3. Must be willing to travel occasionally
    4. Ability to develop and maintain key relationships in the local, national and international communities
    5. Must be able to manage resources to meet milestone deadlines and multiple priorities (including knowing how to leverage materials across several media platforms)
    6. Ability to learn quickly with good mechanical aptitude
    7. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
    8. Meticulous attention to detail, able to multi-task well and be technically accurate
    9. Must have good people skills, and be able to represent the company’s image (
    10. Must be self-initiating, independent, and able to organize time and diverse responsibilities. Must have good problem solving skills and must be able to work well with a team.