Dress Code

Good Afternoon.

Does anyone have a Dress Code Policy for light industrial manufacturing? I am beginning to get ee's arriving to work in mid-drift tops and spaghetti straps....HELP!!

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not specifically for light mfg., there may be something you could use.

Field Representatives, Mechanics and Drivers are expected to present a clean and neat appearance. Acceptable attire includes pants with long legs, such as slacks, jeans or overalls, shirts with sleeves and boots, leather shoes, or athletic shoes with skid resistant soles. Shorts, jogging/sweat suits, tank tops, halter tops, thongs, midriff shirts, sandals, non skid resistant tennis shoes, torn or faded jeans or T-shirts (w/picture or logos) are considered inappropriate attire. Additionally, Drivers and Mechanics are required to comply with the personal protective equipment section of JBC Policy 60.1.
  • I don't know that I would say a Thong is an inappropriate item. But I would say a visable Thong or undergarment of any kind would be.
  • This was written before thong underwear were popular. In Oklahoma, thongs are also called flip flops. You know, the thin soled rubber kind, but either way, visible thongs would be inappropriate.
  • If you post pictures of your employees in thongs and midriff tops, we could probably better evaluate the issue.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-10-07 AT 12:12PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Frank,I can tell from your posts you are an intelligent person with an active imagination. We're talking about truck drivers and mechanics here!!!!!!!!!
  • I tell my grandaughter (17 this month) that thongs are something you wear on your feet. They have been around for decades and it is too late now to change the name. I use a different name for what she wears under her jeans...BCPs. Can you guess what the BCP stands for? ;)

Nae
  • >Can you guess what the BCP stands for?

Nae,
    I know the answer to that question, but I'm sure it would be censored here.
  • Sent ours to your email. It can probably be of some help to you.

I also have a safe work practices and a safety policy if you have need to those let me know.

Shirley
  • The sample policies in the subscribers area of HRhero.com were recently reviewed and updated by HR consultant Margaret Morford, an occasional visitor to this Forum. One of the policies is a "conservative" employee appearance policy. Here is a paragraph that seems to address the issue of spaghetti straps, etc.:
    ---------------
    Under no circumstances may employees wear halter tops, strapless tops, spaghetti straps, tank tops, cropped tops, clothing with offensive wording, clothing that shows undergarments (sheer), torn clothing, clothing with holes in it, or tight-fitting, revealing, or oversized clothing. All clothing must be clean, neat, and fit properly. [NOTE: This eliminates the low-slung pants look.] Safe, neat, and clean shoes should be worn at all times.
    ----------------
    You can find the full policy after logging in with your password on the home page. You may fashion the policy however you, uh, see fit for your own situation. Call me if you need help finding it. tk

(615) 661-0249, ext. 8068