EEO Self-Identify Form

Could anyone share an EEO self-identification form that employees can fill out to self-identify their race? We have never asked employees to self-identify before, but with the revised EEO-1 reporting, I know we have to start doing so in September, and might as well get started soon. So if anyone has one that includes the new race categories, I would greatly appreciate if you could share it with me.

Thanks!

Comments

• 30 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have one and will be glad to send it to you if you provide me an email or fax #.

Carole
  • For Carole and anyone else who would like to share their EEO Self-Identification form...

My email is [email]kzulauf@lccap.org[/email]

Thanks!
  • I also would appreciate it if you would e-mail a copy to me @ [email]clsh-vicki@htcomp.net[/email]. Thank you.

Vicki
  • Carole,

I would appreciate receiving the EEO form with the new race and ethnic designations. My email is

[email]pams@wpioneer.com[/email]

Thank you.

Pam
  • I would also appreciate a copy of your form. My email is [email]jdn@mimsolutions.com[/email]
    Thank you!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-10-07 AT 06:50AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Me too...Me too... [email]drehil@northlandcu.com[/email]. Please and thank you!!
  • I would also like a copy please.

[email]ginger.mason@btol.com[/email]

Thanks!
  • I would appreciate the self-identify Form. Please e-mail to [email]jdecoursin@qrsf.com[/email] or fax to 505/986-2232. Thank you! Jody
  • Meee toooo pleeze! :]

fax 773-533-3061
    email [email]dawnc@roscoecompany.com[/email]
  • That would be great if you wouldn't mind sharing.

[email]cathycook@myevergreen.com[/email]

Thanks so much.
  • I would love to get a copy of the new Self ID form if someone is willing to share. You can email to [email]kbiscella@vonrollwti.com[/email] or fax to 330-385-7813.
    Thanks.
  • NeedCoffee: This isn't the self-identification form that an employer would use, this is a copy of the EEO-1 report that federal contractors need to report on. The only information this form gives is the breakdown of race, ethnicity, and classifications.

Employers need to poll their workforce to ensure all employees are correctly classified in the appropriate categories as listed on the EEO-1 report.
  • Interestingly enough I sent out new forms to current employees explaining why we need to have this information and asking for their cooperation (where we had to guess in the past.) I think it is so strange that probably 80% or more do not want to give it to me. They are suspicious of something, even though we have the "classed the best we can at present". Some of these are the loudest minority supporters who want "their rights and recognition"!! I guess I am just not suspicious of others as many employees seem to be. One location, I got a stack returned and 99% had no name. Absolutely no help.
    E Wart
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-10-07 AT 07:06AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Interesting...I polled my employees (250 people, manufacturing, hourly and salaried) and had a 100% response. Absolutely no one had a problem identifying themself.
  • I'm getting ready to send one out to all our employees. Now I'm curious as to what the response will be.
  • Frank: I'm curious as well. Please let us know.
  • Who is required to participate in this? I thought it was for federal contractors, so haven't paid much attention, but maybe I'm wrong.
  • Its also for private employers with an average of 100+ employees each year. There are more specifics on this, i.e. what to do if your company has 3 locations totalling 100, etc., so I recommend looking at the EEO-1 instruction site [url]http://www.eeoc.gov/stats/jobpat/e1instruct.html[/url]

Here's our form we're going to be using. This is the first year we have to file since we've always had less than 100 EEs.

(irrelevant information is taken out):

Therefore, we are asking that each employee fill out this self-identification form. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information will be kept confidential and separate from personnel files. It will only be used in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders, and regulations, including those requiring information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement. Reported data will not identify any specific individual. Should you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office.

NAME ________________________________________ Male_____ Female_____

PLEASE CHECK THE APPROPRIATE DESIGNATION. YOU MAY ONLY CHECK ONE DESIGNATION.

_____ Hispanic or Latino: A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.

_____ White (Not Hispanic of Latino): A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

_____ Black or African American (Not Hispanic or Latino): A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.

_____ Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander (Not Hispanic or Latino): A person having origins in any of the peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.

_____ Asian (Not Hispanic or Latino): A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

_____ American Indian or Alaska Native (Not Hispanic or Latino): A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South American (including Central America), and who maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment.

_____ Two or More Races (Not Hispanic or Latino): All persons who identify with more than one of the above races, excluding those who identify themselves as Hispanic or Latino.

• Evidently this has been the case for quite some time. I changed jobs in 2001. At my previous employer, I was required to maintain an Affirmative Action Plan. Fortunately at my current employer I am not required to.

I researched at the time of my job change and was confident we didn't need to do the EEO-1. Then I tripped over an article about six months ago and saw the 100+ requirement. Called our local HR consultants and they said the requirement has been in place for some time but the EEOC doesn't monitor or police it. At least that is my recollection of their response.

Sooo - I will begin reporting this year. I think we will need to resurvey all current staff, as we have no reliable statistics right now. We also have pretty high staff turnover, so a lot of planning and training will need to go into rolling out the new forms, how we'll store them, how supervisors should ask questions, etc.

I didn't have anything better to do, anyway.

• >I didn't have anything better to do, anyway.

Oh man, that will keep you from playing with the glitter and threading for a while. We'll miss you.

• "Sooo - I will begin reporting this year. I think we will need to resurvey all current staff, as we have no reliable statistics right now. We also have pretty high staff turnover, so a lot of planning and training will need to go into rolling out the new forms, how we'll store them, how supervisors should ask questions, etc. "

I give new employees the self-identify form on their first day of work during orientation. Current staff received theirs with their paycheck several months ago.

Once the employee has completed the form and I have entered the information into my database, I discard the form. There is no reason for me to keep it and I don't know of any regulation that requires you to keep it.
  • I thought we had to ask all applicants to self identify too, but I don't know why. Maybe because of my past life doing the AAP? Was going to reread the info to figure it out.

Only surveying existing staff once and new hires as they start would be better.

Seems like you'd want to retain the form in the event you ever have to explain why you indicated someone is of a particular category. Don't know why we'd have to explain, but I am quite paranoid about having backup for pretty much everything I do, especially when it comes to anything associated with EEOC...
  • Re: Keeping the self identify form

If you choose to keep the form, please do not keep it in your personnel folders. It could be used as evidence against you in a discrimination suit.
  • I didn't think the rule change required applicants to be offered self id, only existing employees and new hires. Please let us know if you learn differently in your research Q. We already had current employees complete the form and now just do new hires, not applicants. We did save the forms in a separate file for backup.

• Will keep you posted. Whatever caused me to believe that we had to have applicants self identify also inspired me to investigate before actually doing it. x:-)
  • If you are required to have an affirmative action plan then you must have applicants self-identify as well. This information would be reported in your AAP not on an EEO-1 form.
  • We are not required to have an AAP. My previous employer was, which I think is why I got in my head that we'd have to survey all applicants with my current employer.

So glad we don't have to survey applicants. It was a lot of work maintaining that info in my past life with just 95 employees and all the applicants that come with that size of business. I was not looking forward to maintaining applicant statistics for this company, with 650 employees, high turnover, and only one other person in my department. That's a lot of applicants to track...
  • Please send samples to me also, [email]lwchr225@yahoo.com[/email]
  • Please send me copies too. Thanks

[email]kmccartney@csna.org[/email]