Non-Slip Shoe Policy

I am looking at implementing a non-slip shoe policy at our restaurant. Does anyone have a sample policy they would be willing to share?
Thank You

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I hate to see posts go too long without replies, so I'll take a stab at this. We don't have a non-slip shoe policy persay, we just say in our dress code policy that production employees must wear shoes that are closed toe and closed heel, and that policy applies to any employee that goes on the production floor. If you have some guidelines on what you know is acceptable or unacceptable, it may be helpful to put them in. And don't forget that you can revise it if it doesn't say quite what you mean, but your employees will get frustrated if you revise it too often (there's a balance there).
  • Thank you I appreciate your input!
  • At orientation we tell all new production employees that they must wear rubber soled shoes that are not open at the toe or heel. Most if not all of our plant employees wear sneakers. Our goal is to keep sandals & leather soled shoes out of the production/plant area.

Although I know it wouldn't hold up in a worker's comp case, we also tell the new employee that if he/she slips while wearing other than the required shoe, they may not be covered by company insurance. Supervisors are also told to send home any employee with sandals on. I can't remember that ever happening because, as mentioned above, the employees all seem to wear sneakers or other rubber soled shoes.

Along with the slip prevention goal, we also stress that a rubber soled shoe is better ergonomically on our concrete floors.