Breast feeding policies

Does anyone have a breast feeding policy that has worked well for them? I'm looking for an example.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't know if you have looked on [url]www.lalecheleague.org[/url]. This is a good place to look for informaiton on breastfeeding.
    E Wart
  • An example of "how to" or "where to" ???
  • Mark, I've had those exact words typed 3 times to post and didn't have the nerve!!! Cudos to you.
  • Our company has a place set up for expressing milk in the women's locker room, but we don't have a policy. I suppose the women just work out an arrangement with their boss, and a male boss would be so embarassed he'd agree to almost anything. x:-8

I wonder if these breaks would be covered by FMLA?

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • Do you mean milk extraction or is the baby in the office breastfeeding?

If milk extraction the supervisor sets up the location and time for this to occur usually on their normal break periods but allowing alittle additional time of 5 to 10 minutes per break period.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 12-30-05 AT 04:29PM (CST)[/font][br][br]We also don't have a policy. In our FMLA info to new mom's we remind them that we have a lact room here in the HR dept. When they return, we remind them that they need to work out a schedule with their management. The room has convenient electrical plugs so they are not crawling on the floor and clorox wipes for the table surface. We provide them with a secure place in HR to leave their pump, etc. so they don't have to carry it all over the building as well as a fridge. We put a calendar in the room so they can reserve time and we don't have several waiting at one time to use the room (it is a very small room!). We have been doing it this way for several years now and it has worked well without any involvement from our staff (ie. scheduling NOT pumping...stop grinning Mark)!