Compensation/benefit survey

Do any of you have some good sample surveys that ask questions of your employees regarding compensation and benefits? If so, please share with me. If they can be emailed, my email address is [email]mgeorge@blitzusa.com[/email].

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • No questions but plenty of answers:

Not paid enough, health insurance premiums too high, not enough vacation time, need more holidays, need shorter work days/weeks......

Really now, what are you going to do with the results of this kind of survey? Unless you are in some fairyland type of business, you will not be able to make any changes that will satisfy everyone so why waste your time and your EEs time with such nonsense?
  • I completely understand your feedback, Popeye. However, I think the results depend upon what is asked. For instance, if the survey said something like "I believe that my compensation is above average compared with all similar companies in our geographical area," then I would expect most of my employees to say that they strongly agree.

So, what I am looking for is a survey with a design to obtain feedback, but not composed to obtain ONLY negative responses.

One measurement we have is our Exit Interview. Interestingly, no one leaves our company because of pay or benefits (which is worth noting). Of course, our turnover rate among full-time employees is very low.
  • I'm with you 75 percent, Popeye. No use asking questions unless they might lead to action. A few years back our company had to cut benefits expenses $$$ and polled ees about which benefits were most important, whether they'd prefer higher copay or higher deductible, etc. Other than that, I'm not sure what helpful questions you could ask.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com