Interview Checklist

Does anyone use a standard interview checklist/flow document? I am looking for something that supervisors can use to prompt them during the interview process and also for us to document the session for discussion with the department managers.

If you have something similar, please email it to me at [email]greyna@taylorfarms.com[/email]

Thanks!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There is an article in the Subscribers Area, titled, "Weed out the chaff: key steps in interviewing" that might be helpful.

- Click the blue Login tab at the top of this page.

- Under HR Answer Engine, click "Search the Subscribers Area"

- Search for "interview checklist", Last 3 years, All states

Also, starting on page 17 of the special report, "A Legal Guide to Successful Hiring," you'll find some good interview pointers to share with managers.

The special report is also in the Subscribers Area. In the right-hand column under Special Reports, click on "Hiring."

• We've gone through the painstakingly long process to construct interview questions that are specific to each department. In addition, department heads (or other interviewers) have an interview 'do's and don't's' list. In the beginning I sat in with all new interviewers and steered the session. It's all about training. I don't know that there's a short-cut chart or list that will actually work to achieve the outcome you're hoping for. Let us know what you decide to go with.