Pre-Employment Testing

I have been asked to look into and select a pre-employment testing program. Our CEO is most interested in the personality type of tests but we also desire the typical honesty tests as well.
We are a community bank; so, if any of you in the banking or financial world would share who you use and would recommend or even who not to use, it would be very appreciated.
Thank you,
Dutch2

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We're manufacturing, and we use the Wonderlic Personnel Test Form II. (It's kind of a logic test - quite a bit of math.) I like it because it gives us an idea - it isn't the be-all, end-all. The interview, previous experience, and that all-important gut feel weigh more - the test is just one tool to evaluate them. My prez also believes in the DISC, but we have used that more jsut to understand current employees' habits than evaluate prospective EEs.

I worked for Sam's Club and I really thought Wal-Mart's test is a joke. "I think it is sometimes OK to smoke pot." "If I'm a little short on cash, it's no big deal to take a little money from the register drawer." I felt it was way too easy to lie and throw the results. (Note - this was in 1998, so they may have updated it.)
  • Here, the large temp agencies perform testing for employers. We have used Adecco Kelly Services, stc., to administer clerical tests, physical agility testing, etc. You may want to contact one of these in your area to see if they offer this service and let them know what are trying to achieve. Having it administered third party takes away some of the liability and is not that costly.
  • Thank you HRCalico and HRinFl for the information.
    Dutch2