Transfer of vacation time

Does anyone have a good form to use for an employee to transfer some of their vacation time to another employee who has a hardship situation?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sorry, no I don't have a form, but I was wondering how many companys allow their ee's to transfer their vacation time to another ee? And also does upper management participate in this too and is it considered discriminatory?
  • I don't have a form, and currently our company does not offer this to our employees, however, my husband's company does. They have two separate leave banks, one for personal time and one for sick time. If both of these banks are used up and the employee is still experiencing a hardship, such as cancer and/or serious long term disability, then employees and management are allowed to donate up to 8 hours of their personal time. An employee at my organization recently asked me the same question that you have so if you do find a form, could you forward one to me? Thanks!
  • No form here, but we allow it on a case by case basis.

The request goes to the Exec Dir to determine whether or not it is catastrophic. If so, we let EEs know an unnamed EE has a need, then accept donations until the need is filled. I just send a memo to payroll to make the adjustments.

We transfer the hours at the donees rate so the recipient can get more or less hours depending on the pay differential.

We have had EEs turned down - one wanted time for a honeymoon after burning all her time elsewhere - but for the most part our EEs are generous when the need arises.