Exit interview questions

Does anyone have an exit interview questionnaire, or list of questions for a face-to-face interview, that they would be willing to share? I'd like to start having a separate conversation with employees about why they are leaving, any comments or feedback they have for us to improve our organization, etc.

Also, anyone have views on how this is best accomplished? Face to face vs. questionnaire; before vs. after person leaves; Director of HR vs. Assistant or Associate conducting the interview, etc., etc.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You will probably have varied responses to this question, but, IMHO (and more years experience than I want to admit) exit interviews are absolutely useless and consume valuable time that could be used for more constructive things regardless of who conducts them or when/how they are conducted.
  • Our practice is to give them the form with their termination packet. We get a fair amount back and appreciate the recommendations and do consider them thoughtfully.

I'm not sure how to attach documents, here. Email me and I'll send you my Exit Interview form: [email]tracye.mayolo@bwood.com[/email].