need standard language for e-mails

I'm looking for language that addresses potential confidential and proprietary nature of an e-mail. You know, like the blurb that appears at the bottom of your lawyer's e-mails to you.

Do folks have standard language that goes out with every e-mail? Language specific to confidential e-mails?

Thanks.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Here is what my company uses:

IMPORTANT: The following information provided in this e-mail, along with any attachments, may be privileged, confidential and protected under the State and Federal Laws. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact me at the above phone number or e-mail address immediately. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
  • Can you give me an example of something that "may be privileged, confidential and protected under the State and Federal Laws"?
  • We work with persons with mental illness and the Iowa laws in regards to MI is extremelly more stringent than HIPAA. In order to ensure efficient daily operations we can send confidential information via email if we have a confidentiality statement at the end of every email. Have a signed agreement with our internet provider, have a signed agreement with the agency we are sending info to that states they have an agreement signed with their internet service provider.

Sounds like a lot of work but basically we deal with the same two or three agencies over and over again and also allows us to share info internally via email.