Dress Code Policy

With summer on it's way the company for which I work is revising our dress code policy. Is there anyone who has a policy that specifically addresses summertime attire?

If so, can you please email the policy or the policy wording to me for best practice research?

Thank you! [email]mtarante@dncinc.com[/email]

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Your 4th post, welcome to the forum.

You will get a variety of replies on this topic. There are many, many companies who make no distinction between the seasons with respect to dress codes. Most of this, in my opinion, is driven by the industry and region.

If you provide some more information regarding your company and it's culture, you will probably get a more targeted response. Obviously dress codes for a fortune 100 corporate office will be distinctly different than the attire required for a telemarketing company.
  • For clarification, the company for which I work is currently a business casual environment. It is a typical corporate office though. About 250 people in our office, ranging from executives to administrative staff.

I am looking for a policy that comments on open-toed shoes, capri pants, hose/socks, sleeveless shirts . . . .

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

• MJ: Hope it's ok to ask the moderator to shift this over to the HR and Law section where it will get more response. I did.