Employee Stress Survey

Does anyone out there have an EE Stress Survey form that would be willing to share? xpray Our agency has decided to try and determine stressors that our EE's have and do a Risk Management presentation of possible solutions to relieve stress. If anyone has anything resembling this form, please email me at [email]cwinebarger@charter.net[/email].

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We had our EAP staff come in and present five, one-hour programs to our staff in groups. They provided a professional program covering exactly what you are asking for. Hope you have an EAP. It's free too.
  • I like Don D's idea above. It's much more proactive and helpful to your employees. Sometimes when you survey people about things, they become so focused on negatives that it makes them unhappy when they hadn't been before. You have to be careful about what you ask about in surveys because you will create more problems than existed before.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • I only wish we did have an EAP. We are so small and located in a very rural community in the western mountains of NC. I have asked our Risk Management agent to also look into this. If you have any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice you can give. And, yes I do realize the negativity issues. We have some problems with certain key management, who staff perceive as "pets" of the Executive Director and also the fact the the ED will not address issues when they are given to her. She chooses to just "let them wear out." Problem is, by not addressing those peeves, a whole lot of resentment has built up. Staff feels they have no where to go for solutions and the ED has verbally told staff not to come to me with their problems. I do not understand this viewpoint, but she is my boss too. See my dilemma?
  • See if your local hospital or mental health care giver will do these seminars for you. Many times they will do it free or at no charge as a marketing or community service project.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • What an excellent idea. Thank you so much. I'll make the call on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend.
  • Are you close to Asheville? We use an EAP located in Asheville that I could refer you to. Also have you thought about doing an employee opinion survey instead? I could refer you to someone to do an opinion survey also. That would get the stress word out of it and may still accomplish what you want. You have a difficult situation. Good luck.
  • I did an employee survey in 2001 and boy did the s*** hit the fan! Talk about airing problems and personality issues and down right dislike of managers - I had it. Of course, the ED downplayed the problems and would not address the issues - she termed most of the problems "petty". I have tried to tell her that morale is a really big issue and the staff does have legitimate points, but the ED does not like confrontation; therefore nothing happens. Staff have just taken the attitude that nothing will be done, so I will just try to do my job on my own and not interact with certain other staff. Cliques abound and staff are paranoid. People are stressed, but need the job. Bad situation all the way around and confidentiality about internal problems or issues goes like wildfire from one office to the other via clerical staff. An office full of women is the pits! x:'( I am about an hour and a half from Asheville.