Food Service employee policy?

Anyone in a food service or retirement home related business have a policy that addresses employees eating or taking food from the kitchen during or after meals? I need something fast. Also would like to know if it is usual for food service staff to be allowed to eat at the end of their shift. Is this a normal perk?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-26-03 AT 09:57AM (CST)[/font][p]At our hotel, we provide a meal during each shift. A lunch is provided and is self-serve in the lunch/break room. It's usually an entree, veggie, starch, salad is available and often soup, too. If we're lucky, dessert. The food is either the same as what is being served as the "special" of the day in the dining room or it could be overage from a previous day. The second shift (3-11) can order a limited selection from the kitchen. Third shift usually just leaves, but can order breakfast type items from the kitchen or eat what is set-up for guests in the dining room.

From my experience, this is a usual perk for hotels in my area with food service. Some provide the meal free, others charge a nominal amount. Ours is free and when employees complain about what they're offered, I remind them of that fact and that they didn't have to cook it, clean it up or do the dishes.
  • Is this available to all food service department employees? Other than food service staff? Can they carry it out or must they eat on premises?

Our big issue is meals being carried out, mostly like in greater quantity than food for that one person.

Thanks