Employee Vehicle Liability Ins. and DMV checks

I've been asked to inquire from others if you have sample policies or help with wording on writing a new policy that we must institute this year. Our liability insurance carrier is forcing us to be proactive and wants each employee that drives "regularly" on agency business carry insurance coverage of 100,000/300,000.
We have defined regularly as any employee that drives twice per month or more or equivalant trips per year during the course of the year are required to have the mininum level of insurance coverage.
All other employees driving anytime on agency business will be required to carry liability insurance of 25,000/50,000.
We reserve the right to ask at anytime for the certificate of insurance by requesting the information from the employee.
Sorry for being so long. Does anyone have a sample policy that I may follow? How do others implement their insurance requirements? When do you ask for a copy of their time frame of coverage? We discussed once per year. I don't agree for the employee may give me a copy of their policy and then go out and cancel the next day. How do others track this?
What do you call an unacceptable driver? How do you handle an unacceptable driver? Would you allow someone else drive this employee around if they could prove alternative transportation?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We do not have a written policy regarding this information but I can tell you what we do. We also require employees to provide proof of coverage in order to drive on company business or to drive our clients in our vehicles. They must provide proof every six months. Along with this, we do an MVR check at hire and once per year and require proof of a valid drivers license. We do not require set limits for coverage. As far as how we determine who can drive and who cannot, we go by the requirements sent to us by our insurance carrier. You might request one from your carrier.