operations manual

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-11-03 AT 09:47AM (CST)[/font][p]Hi Everyone,
I need your help. We are pretty much a start-up company and I need to put together some kind of operations manual consisting of procedure for purchase orders, petty cash,etc. Is there a place I can get a generic manual that I can adjust to our company? Whatever you can tell me about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Marlene

I did look at the site that Tony directed me to, but although there were some good manuals there, I couldn't find anything on operations consisting of purchase orders, petty cash, etc. Any one else have any ideas? Thanks again, Marlene

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I was involved in a start-up a few years back. We tried to take parts from several companies employee handbooks to create our policies and procedures and we could never make it work. We finally decided to document everything we did, how and when etc. We then brought in a temporary staffing employee to put it all together and then had our handbook printed. Total time from beginning to end was about 6 months.
  • Marlene,
    Here's something that should help. If you're a subscriber to your state Employment Law Letter, you have access to dozens upon dozens of sample policies and forms on this website. Go the Home page and log in. Under "HR Tools," click on "Sample Handbooks & Policies." The policies are available in a format that you can edit and retool to your heart's content. As the intro page points out, though, be sure that your employment counsel reviews your finished policies for state-specific laws and other company-specific situations that aren't addressed in the policies provided on HRhero.com. Good luck with your new venture!

Tony Kessler, director of editorial
    M. Lee Smith Publishers LLC
    (615) 661-0249 ext. 8068

• Tony, where were you 10 years ago when I needed you????????