Supervisor's Handbook

Is it common for Businesses to have Supervisor Handbooks - seperate from the employee handbook? We have had several issues come up where a manager will say "I didn't know I was suppose to say or do that". I am just wondering if it would be beneficial to my company to have one.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes, many companies put together a management manual that goes into more detail than the employee handbook ... and if companies haven't, it's probably on their wish list. If you are a Law Center member*, you have access to a sample Management Manual that might give you an idea of where to start for your company. To view the manual, go to:

-Click this link to go to our home page (it will open in an new window so you can still view these instructions): [url]www.hrhero.com[/url]
    -Click the Member Login link in the upper right corner of our home page.
    -Click on Manuals under HR Tools.
    -Click on Management Manual (there's also a sample Employee Handbook if you're interested).

Christy Reeder
    Website Managing Editor
    [url]www.HRhero.com[/url]

*More info about Law Center membership in your state at [url]www.hrhero.com/benefits.shtml[/url] or call 800/274-6774 to talk to the Account Representative for your state.
  • In addition to the Employee Handbook, we have a Supervisor's Manual. Each Sup has a hard copy as well as being able to check it out on the computer.

I have found that giving the Sup's a manual ensures that Company Policies and Procedures are enforced.
  • What are the topic areas of your supervisors/managers handbook?