Training surveys for employees

Does anyone currently utilize a survey for employees to complete after attending an outside seminar or conference to determine its effectiveness and relevancy? If so, would you be willing to share? Thanks so much for your help.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • HR in PA
    I was so glad to read your post as I am also trying to design a survey or report document that employees could complete after attending training. When I am arguing the importance of training, it would be nice to have something to point to and show our employees really did get something out of attending training. Our president is an engineer and likes to look at reports and measurements when it comes to the HR side of things. He has asked me how we can measure the benefits of training. So, if anyone has something they would be willing to share, I would appreciate a copy of it also.
    Thanks
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-02-02 AT 03:01PM (CST)[/font][p]We require employees to complete an external workshop report after attending outside training programs. Staff are not reimbursed for travel and registration until we receive the report. It is a brief two page report which asks the following questions:

1) In two sentences or less, please summarize the content of the program.
    2) Most interesting thing I learned:
    3) How could this be applied to the organization?
    4) What was the most practical/relevant part of the program?
    5) What will you now do differently on the job?
    6) If you felt this program was not useful for you and/or that you would not
    recommend it for other employees, please explain below.
    7) Would this topic be a good one for internal training?
    8) Would you recommend the presenters for internal training?
    If yes, list name(s) of presenters.
    9) Would you be willing to present a program for staff on this topic?
    10) Should another staff member present a program on this topic?
    Who would you recommend?
    11) Who would benefit from this training?
    Dept: Subgroup:
    12) Other Comments:

Hope this helps!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 09:23AM (CST)[/font][p]Eliza
    Thanks for the information. It gives me a great place to start.
  • Eliza,

Thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated.
  • Try surveying supervisors to find out if the employee actually put the learning to work. You could do this after a period of time has passed. Follow-ups with the employee would be good as well. The problem with limiting the survey to immediately after attendance is that the opinion might be skewed, either good or bad, based just upon the employees feelings of the moment.