Regret Letter

I am looking for copies of regret letters that are sent to unsolicited resumes or resumes for individuals who we will not be interviewing. Does anyone have any samples they wish to share?

Thanks!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Company X; we appreciate you taking the time to forward us your resume.

We will review your resume, and if there is a match between your qualifications and a current Company X opportunity, a representative of the Human Resources team will be in contact with you. Otherwise, we will keep your resume on file for one year, allowing us to consider you for future opportunities as well.

Thanks again for your interest in Company X!

Regards,

• We don't send a letter, we send a pre-printed postcard, though some may think that's too "cold," we're just cost-conscious. Unlike the first reply, we also don't state anything about "qualifications." We are looking for the "best fit" for our agency, not necessarily the "best qualified." I was taught to stay away from the "best qualified" wording.

Our postcard says:

Dear Applicant:

We have thoroughly reviewed your application/resume for a position with our agency.

We are unable to extend an offer of employment to you at this time.

Thank you for your interest in working with "XXX" company. We wish you well in your future career endeavors.
  • I also utilize a postcard for unsolicited resumes. It reads:
    Thank you for taking the time to submit your resume to xyz co. We currently do not have any positions available. However, I will be keeping your resume on file for a period of one year from the date of receipt. In the event that a future opening would arise fitting your objective and skills, I will contact you for an interview. We appreciate your interest in our company and wish your the best in your continued career search.