Pay stub

This is a very small question but I have faith that the Forum membership will have the easy answer.

We are a Texas employer and have about 5 employees who work part-time under 7 hours per week. They have direct deposit. They are requesting that we mail their pay stub to them. I do not want to go to that trouble and expense. We have paid them timely through the direct deposit. We have the stubs available for them to pick up at their convenience. Are we required by law to mail them?

I'd like to have them provide us with pre-addressed stamped envelopes and then we will mail them but I don't know if that is appropriate.

City

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We make sure our EEs get a copy of their pay stub. Even our remote EEs are mailed a copy. I don't think you have to mail them but it isn't a large expense so why the hassle?

Another consideration would be to deliver them via intercompany mail. The must report to work somewhere in your organization and you must have some way to deliver intracompany correspondence, such as policy changes, work orders, etc. Why not use that method?

It is reasonable to give them their pay stubs, my advice is to find a way to accomodate.
  • Since this is such a small number of people, I'd just go ahead and mail them the stubs and be done with it. Not worth the pain!