Wage Reduction In Florida

I am from Florida, and I need direction where I could find Florida Statute on what type of notice must be given to employees when reducing their pay?
We have to cut employee's pay $10 to $9.00 per hour. How many days in advnace by Florida Law, do we have to give employees before the new pay rate take effect?

Where can I find this information?

Appreciate your help

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-06-03 AT 07:25AM (CST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-06-03 AT 07:24 AM (CST)[/font]

I am not sure there is a requirement but Florida statues are available at [url]www.leg.state.fl.us[/url]
  • There is no law that requires specific notice regarding a reduction in pay. Your exposure will come from any contracts and/or letters and/or memos that were provided the affected employee(s). If you have previously issed something in written form, I suggest you recant that document or documents before you cut pay.

Be careful that no supervisor or someone in authority has given a verbal gurantee regarding compensation.

Reducing someone's pay is tricky. The pitfalls have nothing to do with state laws. Be careful.

Value Florida