piece rate employees

Does any HR manager have experience converting an hourly wage employee into a piece rate employee? Any special hoops to jump through with respect to implementation of the piece rate program? All thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-15-02 AT 01:06PM (CST)[/font][p]Piece-rate work is a new one on me, so I looked it up in the HRhero.com members-only area. Here's the definition I found in case anyone else is wondering:

"Piece-rate worker, i.e., one who is paid on the basis of the quantity of work done."

I found several articles on the topic by searching the Newsletter Archive (in the HRhero.com members-only area). If you are an [link:www.hrhero.com/benefits.shtml|Employment Law Center member] in your state, you can search for these titles:

- Piecework and regular pay: Avoid the overtime trap
    - Additional penalties imposed for California Labor Code violations
    (see the payroll and recordkeeping section of the article)
    - Ask Sam: Is there some other way to pay piecework employees other than what we call the "salaried-fluctuating workweek" basis?

(More info on Law Center membership at [url]www.hrhero.com/benefits.shtml[/url] or call 800/274-6774.)

Christy Reeder
    Website Managing Editor
    [url]www.HRhero.com[/url]