Exempt wanting change to Non-exempt

I am a diagnostic radiology supervisor for second and third shifts. I work second shift primarily. Including myself we have 4 technologist on second shift on our campus. Our sister campus is bigger with 8 total second shift techs. 80% of the time I spend doing direct patient care just like my co-workers. The other 20% of the time I do scheduling, timekeeping, interviewing, evaluations etc. The other 4 diagnostic supervisors duties and responsibilities require them to play more of an administrative role than a hands on direct patient care role. In there case they spend 20% of there time doing direct patient care work and 80% administrative. There jobs require them to be more geared toward administrating the efforts of others. The other issue I want to bring up is the supervisors in Cat Scan, Ultrasound, Vascular, Nucleur Medicine. They all have the same supervisor responsibilities as I do but are classified as non-exempt. I don't feel this is fair. We all have the same manager. I am having difficulty convincing my manager to change my status to non-exempt.