Voluntary Benefit Offerings

We are looking at Voluntary Benefits (AFLAC or others)......

Do you offer Voluntary Benefits (employee-paid)? What type of benefits do you offer? How many employees do you have and does it take up much of your HR's time to offer these benefits?

Thank you for any responses.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We offer voluntary supplemental life insurance for employees and their dependents. Once the setup is done, it takes very little time. I have to pay the bill monthly (less than 5 minutes) and only have questions when renewal comes around. Enrolling new employees doesn't take long either. We have about 60 employees who are eligible for benefits.
  • We offer a fairly wide spectrum of voluntary benefits, including life, disability, hospitalization, accident, and specific diseases (cancer, heart) coverage. Administering these coverages doesn't take a lot of time, I just have to enter the deductions for the premiums on the payroll system and pay the bill each month. We have about 120 employees eligible and approximately 30 participating in one or more of the coverages we offer.
  • Our dental and vision are supplemental policies. I handle the enrollment as part of orientation. Takes an additional 15 minutes or so to explain and complete paperwork. We also offer Accident, Cancer, Special Events and Hospital Protection through AFLAC, but our broker handles the enrollments on them. During orientation, I provide a memo to the new hire telling them what is available. Page 2 is a request for more info form that I fax in the the broker. From there it is up to the broker to contact the ee and get the paperwork handled. The broker sends me a copy of the enrollment form so we can start payroll deducts.

We have anywhere between 95 & 112 ee's and hire around 40 new ee's per year.
  • We offer the AFLAC bunch, additional life insurance for ee and their dependents, additional ADA insurance, Flexible Spending for Health and Dependent Care and probably a few more. These have presented no problems and take very little time. It is just another form or two or three to complete when we do all the new hire paperwork.