Moving Expenses

We are putting together a moving expense offer for a potential new employee and I need to update ours. I'm interested in what people have as part of their policy.

Do you have a dollar cap, and is that graduated according to distance of move, marital/family status, or other criteria? How often do

Do you pay for temporary housing or other expenses that don't have to do with moving the household directly?

Do you give a flat amount or do you reimburse based on paid receipts?

Etc.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We don't have a policy, but we do have a practice. We do not pay moving expenses, but if the incumbent has a credential that we need access to 24 hours/day, we will set the incumbent (and family) up in housing for up to a year. We are also very remote, 20 miles from the nearest town, we have housing available because of the nature of our business, and doing what we do is a matter of convenience (and sometimes legal compliance) for the business. Our logistical circumstances inherently control the costs, so we have no need for a $$ cap. Another perk we offer for folks who must remain available to us on a 24/7 schedule (because of legal requirements and their credentials) is a housing allowance of about $500 monthly, run through their payroll, if they are want to own their own house on the premises. We have private residential ownership available as part of our business as well. Without running through any math, I'm guessing that the $500 would equate to roughly half of the expected house payment.

Hope that helps some.

best wishes.