Post Benefits/Policies on Web Site?

Do you post detail on your company's benefits on your external web site?

We have up till now with the attitude that we want to show people how good they are.

They are still good, but I'm reconsidering because it feels like we're showing our hand to our competitors (our main competitor doesn't post detail).

and a related question... do you point HR Policies on your external web site? I'm not inclined to do this AT ALL but when I do an internet search for some policy or other I always come acrros some, mostly from universities that seem to have no problem posting their personnel policy manuals for all to see.

thoughts?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We post a general description on our jobs page, basically the same verbiage we use in our newspaper ads.

The competitive disadvantage I'd worry about is posting your benefits description if it is NOT as generous as your competitor's. If I were your competitor and cared what your benefits package was, I suspect I'd be able to get the information whether or not you put it on your web page.

Most companies not only wouldn't put their policies on their web page, they try to get employees to return their employee manual when they're fired. If universities are putting them on the web, it's probably because they're public records and have to be made available anyway.

Brad Forrister
    VP/Content
    M. Lee Smith Publishers