Flex Plan Enrollment Deadline

I held informational meetings on all three shifts the first week in December. The meeting times/locations were posted plus I made announcements at the start of each meeting and had an article in our weekly newsletter. EE's could come during their work hours. Out of 350 EE's, only a few came.

I then posted the flex enrollment info (how it works, where to get enrollment packets, the deadline) 2 times. A reminder about the deadline was then put up, as well as a reminder in the newsletter.

The deadline was Friday, December 16. I've had a half dozen EE's call me today with all sorts of excuses -- I forgot, I don't read the bulletin board, I was on vacation, my husband forgot to tell me, etc. Anyway, I'm a b**** today because I won't extend the deadline. (Our enrollment forms have to go to our TPA and be set up by January 3, our first payroll of 2006.)

Thanks for letting me vent!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I know just where you are coming from. This year our TPA changed their Open Enrollment Packet including color pictures, etc. to make it more interesting and eye-catching. I went to all the trouble to print out about 150 of these packets. Went through each Election Form and Printed their Name and Location Number so they only had to complete SS#, address, and Election Amount. Sign and Date then return to me.

How many of them just threw away the form???? Almost EVERYONE in one office!!! What is wrong with people?? Can't they ever READ instructions??? It just makes you crazy!

Thanks for letting me vent ALSO!!!
  • I've been there done that. But the following year, they paid attention and stepped up. I'll bet yours will too!
  • I feel your pain because I go through this too. If I give something to someone, before they even look at it they have to ask, "What is this?" I tell them to read it and if they have any questions to please see me. Then I tell them it's due on whatever date. I give them enough time to take the material home and discuss it with their spouse. But do they ever get it back to me on time? No! Out of 200 employees maybe 50% will return it by the due date. The worst offenders aren't the rank and file employees but the management people. It is very frustrating and I hate that part of my job. Thanks also for letting me vent. xx(