Sec 125 Enroll each year

How many of you require your ee's to enroll each year (fill out a new form) for the premium only option of your Sec. 125 plan? We have been doing this and recently someone in finance said we do not need to have them fill one out each year once they have made the election.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We have a form for all EEs to fill out each year with a box to check by the appropriate item and sign and date the form:

I am enrolled and wish to continue

I am enrolled and wish to discontinue

I am not enrolled and choose not to enroll

I am not enrolled but choose to enroll
    (Only for this option or for new enrollees do they complete a total enrollment form)

• We have dual option plans. One plan is a Section 125 premium only plan and the other is a health insurance plan that requires no employee contribution. We hold open enrollment each year and have a separate election form for the employee to choose which option they want. If they choose the richer of the two plans which requires an employee contribution they must complete the election form for the Section 125.
  • More info may be needed. If you have the employee complete a new group insurance enrollment form each year, you should have them complete a new 125 form.
    If you have them complete a group insurance only if they want a change (drop/add coverage, drop/add depts, etc.), then you should have employees complete new 125 plan. We only have 125 form completed when originally enroll, when changes occur (mid year), and if we do a "re-enrollment". Otherwise, we take it to mean that they want exactly what they had the prior year.
    E Wart