Employee Incentives

My apologies if this post should have gone in a different section. I have been asked to come up with a few ideas for gifts to present to both 20 and 30 year employees. We're a small retail company and have a lot of long term employees. We're doing a luncheon with about eight 20 and 30 year employees and presenting them with leather jackets. There used to be a difference between our 20 year and our 30 year jacket but now we've decided to upgrade the 20 year jacket to that of the 30 year. I think that the 30 year employees will feel less important to receive the same thing as the 20 year employee, so I thought we should give them something else in addition to the jacket (which is worth about $180.00). Any ideas?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Slip a gift card in the pocket of the jacket for whatever amount your company wants to give.
  • You don't say what it is you retail, but I often hear that employees of retail shops are their best customers. If that is the case, how about a gift certificate to your store? It could even be applied to an existing credit balance if you do such a thing.

Other than that, getting a high end dinner and drinks for two, in addition to the jacket, would be a nice touch.

Remember, it is also what the other EEs think of the gift. You will want them to nod their heads and say "now that is a nice touch."
  • I say you can't go wrong with gift certificates. Speak to the ees' managers to see what interests the ee. If they like the movies, get a gift certificate to a local theater with enough to buy tickets, popcorn, drinks. If they like to golf, get a free round of golf. Get a gift certificate to the sports store for those that like the outdoors. Just make sure that they all have the same value.

"Whenever I start to feel blue, I start breathing again!"