Value of EAP Free Training

I am pleased to say that we have just signed up for an EAP. As part of the contract, we receive six hours of training (but we pay mileage).

Our first training will be on sexual harassment, due in part to a recent complaint. Beyond that, my president isn't very excited about pulling everyone off work for an hour. (And I don't really want to pick and choose who gets the training.)

Some topics I might like to cover include Respect in the Workplace, Changes in the Workplace - etc. We have more than 70 employees on two shifts, so pulling everyone in is kind of a problem. My suggestion was to catch most of the day shift, video the presentation, and have the others watch the video to make it up.

Does anyone have any good experiences that might help me sway popular opinion? We're manufacturing, so stopping work is not a good or easy thing.

Thanks!

PS - we will, of course, be putting everyone through the orientation.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We are manufacturing also. One location is very open for training, another isn't. However, they do finally do it. We just don't do it constantly so they aren't interrupted each month.
    One thing our EAP does is send out "monthly newsletters" on very good topics (Before summer it was regarding leaving children at home by themselves during the summer.) This way folks aren't taken off the job but at least are given the informaiton (whether they read it or not is the question.)
    Congratulations on taking the EAP step. (Thank your President/owners.) I think this is a wonderful tool for managers and a great benefit for employees. It will just take one good usage for them to understand it's value.
    E Wart