professional designation

Does anyone know if there is a professional designation such as a "Certified Benefits Manager" or something like that? I'm wondering if there is anything for benefits people like the PHR and SPHR are for human resources professionals. Thanks.


  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Two come to mind: CEBS (Certified Employee Benefit Specialist, about as difficult to achieve as a CLU in the life arena) and RHU (Registered Health Underwriter).
  • CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist?) is the only one that I am aware of. Involves a lot of classes and, as I recall, is much more involved than studying for a PHR or SPHR.
  • There is also a "CBP" certification sponsored by World-At-Work - Certified Benefits Professional. I've heard that the CEBS certification process requires much more thorough and in-depth coursework than the CBP. I am pursuing my CCP - Certified Comp Professional - through WorldAtWork and have been pleased so far with the courses.
  • Received this e-mail this morning. I think these links will answer some of your questions. I am not endorsing this, I have not explored the subject, just passing along information.

    If you're looking for a competitive edge, higher compensation or industry recognition, CEBS has the answer!

    Designed by the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, the CEBS program offers you the opportunity to earn the Group Benefits Associate (GBA), Retirement Plans Associate (RPA) and Compensation Management Specialist (CMS) designations. These three specialty designations form the core of CEBS, the premier designation in total compensation.

    Find all the answers you need to become certified!

    [url][/url] or call (800) 449-CEBS (2327)

Sign In or Register to comment.