ADP offering health insurance

Our company is currently with United Healthcare as fully insured. We have always worked with a local broker. We received a flyer and a call from ADP offering major medical, dental and vision plans. Has anyone looked into these yet? They state our company would become part of a larger experience rated group. Currently, our experience rating is just our employees and family members - about 600 lives.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Sue - I have heard of this, but ADP's below par reputation, in my opinion only, for other services puts them out of the running every time. However, your experience may be different with ADP & maybe flying them a call & meeting with them for a couple of hours could save your company and ee's money. Maybe you could give it a shot and let the rest of us know how it went? x:-)
  • I agree with you Mwild about ADP's "less than stellar reputation". We recently cancelled our contract with them and went with another company. I cannot imagine them going into the health insurance field!
  • I would be real cautious with this one. ADP is probably giving their endorsement, or label, but is not actually the underwriter assuming the risk. There have been a few of these "multiple employer" arrangements which have been put out of business because the insuror is shady, or sometimes non-existent.