Optional Benefits

I have been asked to prepare a survey asking what optional benefits they would be interested in, including approximate costs of benefits, such as FSA, 529, etc. Could you send me laundry list items of what you offer - I'm drawing a blank on possibilities and want to include a nice selection (can't wait to try and administer it all!) Thanks

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Consider carefully your wording to your employees. If there is something you are not willing to administer then there is really no point in asking if your employees have an interest in the benefit.
  • Goodness! You could offer just about anything, but I will list some things we have here and maybe add an item or two.

-National Holidays
    -2 Float Holidays
    -Vacation/Sick (we have PTO..and you can choose to make your current policy more generous if you want)
    -Bereavement leave (you can also increase the leave to look more generous without it costing you much)
    -Jury duty (we pay employee as if at work, they keep jury duty check)
    -Group Health Insurance (with vision and dental)
    -FSA for health insurance, medical reimbursement, and dependent care
    -Group Life Insurance (1-1/2 times salary, $250,000 max)
    -Employee paid dependent life
    -Employee paid supplemental life
    -Employee paid long term disability insurance
    -2% match ($ for $) and 4% contribution up to $3000 total annually in 401k
    -Employee recognition
    -EAP
    -Deductons for donations to United Way
    -Deposits into a credit union
    -Fitness Center
    -Purchase discounts at local retailers
    -Priority admittance at a local day care center
    -Assistance with referrel services for child or elder care
    -MetPay (car insurance, etc, paid by paycheck)
    -Legal Plan
    -Flu shots
    -Free Parking

Those are our benefits. In addition, I can think of plans that allow you to save for your children's or grandchildren's education, education assistance, extended sick leave, short term disability, long term care insurance....I am sure the list goes on and on.