Health care costs

I found a very good article talking about health care costs. I actually have not had the time to read the article with a fine tooth comb. I scanned it and it basically talks about doing other things besides plan design, shopping carriers or passing on the costs to ee's in order to control costs. If you are interested in health care costs, you should read it. It may help you design a strategy for the future.

[url]http://www.grantthornton.com/downloads/JFSP703_82151.pdf[/url]

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • SMace,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this important topic. For those of you who are desperately trying to contain your company's health care costs, here are two other resources on this site that might be of interest:

(1) Just to the left of this screen, click on "Advanced Employment Issues Symposium," which is our upcoming national HR symposium. Then scroll down until you see a heading for "Pre-Conference Workshops," which are basically three-hour crash courses on selected HR topics. Option No. 2 is titled, "How Smart Companies Tackle Runaway Benefit Costs." I haven't met the speaker yet, but I'm told by Margaret Morford that he's really top-notch.

(2) If you're a Law Letter subscriber, you have access to the results of an interesting recent survey of your colleagues about benefit costs. I was fascinated to read the comments that hundreds of you provided, some offering solutions, others just bemoaning the whopping cost increases that you've been facing this year. On the home page, log in (upper-right corner), then in the upper-right corner of the next screen, click on "view past survey results." Finally, click on "Employee Benefits." If you keep scrolling down through the survey, you'll soon run into the comments. Hope this helps. tk

Tony Kessler, director of editorial
    M. Lee Smith Publishers LLC
    (615) 661-0294 ext. 8068