WIFMLA Question

I know that under federal FMLA leave an employer can "dock" an exempt level employee's pay for a partial day of work missed but can the employer do this under WIFMLA leave?

For example, say an EE misses 3 hours from work due to a medical appt. that is covered under WIFMLA leave, can the employer dock the EE's pay for those three hours?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [url]http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/dwd/publications/erd/pdf/ERD-9680-P.pdf[/url]

This link is to a comparison of the both and shows which is more favorable.

Issues
    Intermittent Leave

Federal Enforced by the U. S. Department of Labor.
    Permitted for serious health condition when medically necessary. Not permitted for birth or adoption unless employer agrees.

Wisconsin Enforced by the Department of Workforce Development
    Permitted for all family and medical leaves in increments equal to the shortest increment permitted by employer for any other nonemergency leave

Most Favorable to Employees.
    Wisconsin

Don't know if that helps...hope so
  • I'd feel more comfortable with this if I heard your definition of "dock"... I hope it's different than mine. ;)
  • When I say "dock" I mean deduct from the EE's salary the amount equal to the number of hours they missed.

Let's say, for example, that the EE is paid $600.00 per week salary and they are an exempt level employee. They miss, say, 4 hours of work due to an FMLA qualifying medical appointment and choose not to use any paid time off (or do not have any available). Can the employer deduct $60.00 from their weekly salary? What about if the EE works more than 40 hours per week?