Safety Awareness Games

We are currently running a Safety Bingo Game, and while it is effective, we need a change.

Does anyone have employee games they use on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to generate team spirit and safety awareness?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I provide our supervisors with a one-page training piece for each month's safety topic. They are required to share the information with their staff. For a "better than standard" score on their semi-annual evaluations, they can enhance the training I give them. For example;

January is Injury Reporting Procedure month. They are required to review the reporting policy with all staff and have them sign the policy.

For extra credit, some supervisors created injury scenarios, had the staff break into teams, and complete all the reporting paperwork: the 101, injured employee statement, witness statements, and talk about how, in retrospect, the injury might have been prevented.

February is Back Injury Prevention month. A supervisor created written scenarios and had the staff pretend a baby doll was a real toddler. The scenarios included toddlers who bolt, bite, kick, cry, vomit, tantrum, and do all the things toddlers do. The employees had to practice lifting the baby doll safely while pretending it was doing all the things in the scenario.

These seem to be more meaningful than somewhat random reward games like bingo, drawings or bonuses. We still have more than our share of injuries, and the training enhancement activities seem to be building awareness at the schools where the supervisors are actually getting excited about it. They often will give prizes to the most imaginative team or for most correct answers, etc.

We are a childcare company, mostly women, and we thrive on games and constant activity. Maybe you can create something like this that fits your company's personality?
  • This puts a new spin on Safety Awareness. We could use this EOM beginning in January. This will give me the last quarter to review the program with the Team Leaders.

Thanks!!!