OSHA LOG

No type of log or recordkeeping for OSHA has been done in the past, I came to work for this company this year, I have begun to record all workers comp. injuries. May OSHA inspectors, require that we have some type of records for the previous years, if so, what can I do to stay in compliance with OSHA?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I suggest you visit the OSHA website [url]www.osha.gov[/url]. They have a great "Frequently Asked Questions" section under "compliance" that goes over the record-keeping requirements for illnesses and injuries. After reviewing that information, you may want to discuss the situation with your counsel so that he or she can suggest specific strategies for protecting your company.

• My company is young (14 years old in Sept). When I came on board 6 years ago, we were self-insured and OSHA 200's were incomplete, injury reports were non-existent, and medical information was in the accounts payable files!! It took awhile, but I was able to gather most of it together. In the meantime, we had a voluntary audit by an OSHCON representative of the Texas Workers Comp Commission. They advised me to go forward with complete records in the future and make a good faith effort to comply to OSHA regulations for past records. If you have workers comp insurance, they should be able to provide you with information about past injuries. Good luck.